Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back to Work

I am back to work again!  4 days a week, 8 hour days (usually).  We're back to our usual routine +1.  I have never been more relieved to go to work.  I feel horrible for feeling this way, I'm supposed to hate being away from my baby all day, right?   And there are moments I do miss her and want to hold her, but that's the thing about Ella, she will not sleep in my arms.  So I get to hold her for an hour at a time during her feedings and then she's ready to be put back in her bed and left alone to fall asleep.  I've tried and tried to rock her and sing her to sleep to no avail.  It just ends in tears on everyone's part.
So I've left her in capable hands and I try not to worry all day.  We're both still adjusting.
She doesn't sleep solidly yet during naps, she's waking at least every hour for various reasons, she wants to go back to sleep but needs her paci or she's spit up and is laying in a puddle, or she's gassy or needs to burp, the list goes on and on.  So this doesn't lend well to napping or cleaning or really doing anything that can't be interrupted often.  This is the brunt of my frustration with her.   And why I'm so happy to go to work and feel like I'm getting something done.  On the positive side she sleeps great at night, wakes only once, occasionally twice for her paci but goes right back to sleep for about 12 hours total.  This feels like a huge accomplishment compared to Anna's sleepless nights and night time feedings until she was 9 months old.
So maybe I'm just wired differently in the mom department.  I enjoy it on a part time basis.  I am much more patient with Ella's fussy time in the evening since going back to work, and I cherish the awake time she has when I'm at home.
This is a shout out to all the stay-at-home-mom's out there...more power to you, I don't want your job.

1 comment:

  1. haha you shouldn't feel bad! I know lots of moms who feel the same way...and most of us stay-at-homies feel that way at least once a week ;)

    ReplyDelete