I want to focus on my girls for a moment if only to look back while reading this and remember them during this time.
Anna Elise Berisford, or Braferd as she says it. If I had only one sentence to describe this child it would be: This girl knows what she wants and is not afraid to tell you. She was talking in complete 3-4 word sentences at 15 months. I listen to her and am amazed at the words she knows. Sometimes I think she adds words to her sentence just to see how many she can put together and still make sense. Example: Mommy, I wanna go to Grandma's house (pause) today. So I can ride in your gray car (pause) that has my car seat in it, and baby Ella can come too, (pause) and ride in her car seat (pause) in your gray car too. She is very expressive with her face, and she likes to see herself in the mirror if she is sad or upset just to see what her face looks like I think. She loves clothes and shoes (YAY!) which is good because I do too, and I love shopping for her. I know one day this will be a bad thing financially, but I'm enjoying it for now. She has a heart that wants to do the right thing. She is not by nature a rebellious child (thank God), she does (for the most part) obey us. Now that being said she goes through moments of blatant disobedience but mostly its with the things that we all struggle not to do. If something is too tempting to touch or play with she can't help herself even if we've told her no. And sometimes she will just do her own thing regardless of what I'm telling her to do. I've found that she does this more when I've not been able to give her a lot of attention that day. She likes to be included in the conversation and will tell you to "STOP Talking!" until you make her part of the conversation. (Of course I don't always let her get away with this.) She plays very well by herself. She loves her baby sister, she hugs her and kisses her, and wants to hold her. She tries to help me burp her and feed her. She is a great "fetcher" of things like diapers and burp cloths. She feels that Ella needs a toy sometimes when Ella is sleeping in her bed. I had to have a discussion with her that Ella can only play with soft toys for now. I fear that Ella will have to get used to seeing toys being hurled over the crib rail at her.
She loves adventures and exploring things. Trips to Grandma's house, trips to...well, anywhere that's fun I guess. She is shy when meeting new people, and when doing any new physical activity. She did NOT like the ocean this year, but loved playing in the sand at the beach.
My favorite thing about her is that she gets me. She understands what I expect, and I know she really loves me. Sometimes I will look at her from across the room and when she looks back at me I smile at her really big but not say anything. She will smile really big back at me and not say anything too. Its our little way of telling each other we are happy at that moment, and it melts my heart.
Ella Kathleen Berisford (Ella Kate). While I'm still trying to learn who she is there are a few things I know for sure. When she's awake she likes to smile, she was smiling on purpose at 4 weeks, and now at 8 weeks she smiles at me first when I pick her up in the morning out of her crib. She coos and "talks" now, but not for long, she's only happy to be awake about an hour at each feeding. She is most content being held and talked to or looking around at new things. She fights going to sleep, just keeps trying to look around, and easily gets overtired. She does not like being rocked to sleep at this point, maybe she will later...this makes me sad. She does NOT like her hands to be swaddled. She is colicky, no denying it. Some days she has cried for up to 4 hours in a row only stopping for brief moments. It is the worst in the evening from 4:30 to 8:30. It seems to be getting better, some nights she does great and only cries when first going to sleep. Everyday I pray that it will be a better day. I'm looking forward to watching her grow, and I wonder all the time what she will be like. As I'm about to start back to work I know she will grow faster to me, I'm trying to enjoy her at each stage, though I admit this stage has been rough. We say everyday that if she wasn't so cute she'd be dead...I'm kidding of course, but it does help!




No comments:
Post a Comment